Friday 14 May 2010

2nd time lucky??

I tried posting earlier but I got that "webpage not displayed" message. So take 2. I haven't posted all week because I haven't really had anything to say. I also wanted to apologise that I haven't been commenting as much as I should. I always read though, and I'm going to make a promise to comment more, I really am.

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm the same as I was last week - 109Ibs. Not good but I'm fine with it, I'm just so glad I haven't gained. I've been eating "normally" for the past few weeks, and I'm not liking it. You see I'm sure that where ever you live it is normal to eat 3 meals a day, not where I live. I live in Northern Ireland, and the normal amount of meals to eat a day is 5. Yes you read right - 5. Let me explain:
  • Breakfast
  • Lunch - at about 12 or 1
  • Tea - when we all get home, between 3 or 4, a quick samwich, salad, something light
  • Dinner - at about 6 or 7, the normal dinner stuff
  • Supper - around 9 or so - this is probably the worst, usually consisting of cups of tea, buns, bit of cake, scones with jam and cream - you get the idea

This is traditionally what we eat in this country. For such a small country we eat quite a lot. And of course, with the food we eat this is not so good - Potatoes, potatoes, some more potatoes, potato bread, soda farels etc etc.

Of course not all famillies still eat like this, but my dads from a farming backround so we were brought up with this way of eating, so this is why I get so hungry during the day and eat at night, because I have been brough up with this being normal.

I know this isn't an excuse but I don't know what else to say. I don't eat breakfast during the week because I would rather the extra time in bed, I don't have lunch in college which has turned out quite easy to do as my friend and I are both skint so that's all good. But I still have tea when I get home, it's usually a ham samwich with no butter and a cup of tea or some soup, something like that. I rarely have dinner, usually a cup of tea with some toast or something quick. But supper is the thing that gets me, because no matter where we all are, even if we are all out some where and all come back drunk at 3 in the morning it's straight to the kitchen for a cup of tea and a scone. It fucked up, but that's the way it is.

I'm thinking that I'm going to change the way I do things, because when I say, "right I'm only allowed 600 cals today" even when I eat only 500 it always seems too much, because it was only 100 less than I'm allowed if you know what I mean, so I'm not going to give myself an allowence just lower the amount of what I eat. I don't know if I'm explaining this right or not, but say when I come home I make a samwich, I eat half of it, then at supper, I eat only one bun, scone etc and only drink one cup of tea.

I don't know if I'm explaining this right, but I think this will work better for my instead of lowering my calories, I just leave a little extra each time.

Sorry this was very ranty, I apologise.

I'll do a better post over the weekend. I hope everyone is doing okay. And I really do mean what I said about promising to comment more. I love you guys

Rachel x

3 comments:

  1. I'm in England, where the norm is indeed 3, but my parents are Irish. Whenever we go back there we slip into the 5-a-day habit, which is horrible to break.

    So I feel your pain.
    I hope you aren't dissing potoatoes though.
    Or soda bread.
    Nom nom nom.

    Ah. yum.
    Anyways, the answer is tea. Lots of tea. To replace tea (the meal) and supper.

    But yes, I feel your pain. I think we should get over the famine already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez that sucks having 5! meals as a routine.
    here it is normal to have a big breakfast, normal lunch and a small dinner.
    if you die from hunger you eat a small snack at 10 am and 4 pm (i don't, of course).

    i hope you can manage to eat the way you want.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lovelovelove your blog.
    are you from northern ireland? because some of the things i've read make it sound like you are, it's just cause some of the phrases you've used and stuff (i know 'wee' is a very northern irish word.)
    good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete